Oct 19, 2013

Apex Shawl design

For this design, I used two kinds of very different yarn that in the same color family. I want to show the contrast character between both yarn. I am really satisfied with them. It has wide color and yarn choices, but make sure, those two kind of yarn weight cannot be so different. For both shawls, I used fingering weight for Yarn A, and lace weight for Yarn B. You only need two 50g ball (skein) of Yarn A, one 20-25g ball of Yarn B. 
The brown one I made for Downtown Knits in down town Apex, North Carolina.

This shawl is worked from bottom up. Increase the center and both sides to make a triangle. Two different kinds of yarn which makes the shawl has contrasting stripes. The eyelet open work added some texture feeling between stripes. It is easy and fun to work with. The most important part is when you wear it on. You look absolutely elegant. 

This pattern now is available for purchase and dowload in my Ravelry store.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apex-shawl








No comments:

Post a Comment